Clomid? How long does it take for it to help you get pregnant?

I just took my first round of Clomid[Sept.6th,2009]. I was wanting to know how long does it actually take before you become pregnant?

BECKYBEAR0507

Asked by BECKYBEAR0507 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My sister took that to get pregnant and I might be wrong but I think she got pregnant within the first month...if not then within a couple months.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 11:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• I got pregnant with twin the second round. Unfortunately I lost the babies, but it doesn't take long. We tried for over a year before we started clomid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It could help in your first try. You might be on it for three months and nothing, and you might need to move up to stronger meds. Every couple, every woman is different. Even if you have a great response to the med, it's not a guarantee of pregnancy. Just take each day as it comes and keep a healthy dose of realistic expectations so you don't drive yourself insane by expecting it will work the first time.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:09 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i was on it the first time around i got preg but i did lost the baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i was on clomid for a little over a yr and just found out last month i was preggo!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I went on it for 4 months, and nothing. 2 months later I got pregnant. That was after trying for almost 3 years. I guess that happens a lot, where after you stop taking it, you end up pregnant -- from what I was told! Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009