Is Obama sending the country towards third world country status?

Some economists think so.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/6147211/Barack-Obama-accused-of-making-Depression-mistakes.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 11:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• ***YAWN***
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Just stick your head back down in the sand and go back to sleep anon.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Well considering how much money we owe China, I'd say we are well on the way.
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 11:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2009

• Julie411me, summed it up nicely...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:06 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Julie411me, my sister told me yesterday that she wanted to go back to school and was thinking of taking spanish. I told her to take Chinese because before too much longer they'll own us and start putting us in their sweatshops to pay them back
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 12:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• What are you doing to change this then? It seems all you do is make simple commentary on CM and lash out against naysayers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Anon 27, it is much better to bitch, preach revolution, and point out "fallacies" than to attempt to fix things.

Because if enough people bitch, apparently Obama will go away.

China has owned us for a long time. While the numbers are more than they were, this is not really a news flash. It's been a SOP for some time with our government. Like the sad state of our trade deficit.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Forgot to add - if China really wanted to own us, they would by now. I would venture that a lot of our lenders actually want to see us succeed, and get the returns on their loans.

I think we need to be more worried about the many Saudi owned posrts via Motiva, in which the Saudi govt owns a 50% stake that affects approx 15 of our ports.

I sometimes wonder if all the focus on China is not to deflect the quiet buyouts from the Saudis.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 12:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• yah and every penny we owe China is since Obama took office. I dont know how some people live with themselves thinking that the whole world is out to get them. You need to hug your children extra close tonight and be focusing on what you have right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Sep. 7, 2009