high or low?

when carrying a boy is your belly high or low? and how far along can u tell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Boys are suppose to be low and girls are suppose to be high but I think thats a myth for the most part. I've had a boy and 2 girls and I carried the same with all of them. They are all high up at some point. When they flip head down you start carrying lower.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I carried my son high pretty much the entire pregnancy. It started being really noticeable around 20 weeks.
    mommytohuddy

Answer by mommytohuddy at 12:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Carrying low supposedly means a boy. You can generally tell after you start showing, depending on where your stomach increases in size. Basically, if you can still button up your pants a good bit after you start showing, you're probably carrying high; and if not being able to buttong your pants is the first way you know your showing, it's probably low. But how you carry has more to do with genetics and muscles tone than sex of the baby; I carried both of mine low and had a boy and a girl.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i dont beleive any of this as i have 2 girls and 1 boy and 4month preg now and i carried high with my first girl, low with secnd then high again with boy , the only way to no is yr 20 week scan of at birth lol xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 6:31 AM on Sep. 7, 2009