Dollar Tree HPT positive?

I took a test at 4 in the morning the other day and it got a pink line and then there was another pink line hidden in the left corner... could this be a positive or is it just because it is a cheap test? I haven't been able to afford another test and can't get another one for 2 weeks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont trust cheap stuff because thats just something i dont trust but i have heard from my friends that they do work,i pay 10 dollars everytime i take one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I got a positive from a dollar tree test...and now I'm 10 weeks pregnant. lol! Congrats!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 12:22 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I took a test from the 99 cent store and came back positive. Doesn't matter to me if it is cheap it still works!! Go to your local clinic. They can test you!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I used a dollar store test for both of my pregnancies. They all work the same way. If the second line was in the area for the test line, then you're probably pregnant. If it was way off in the corner by the edge of the test window, then it had nothing to do with test results.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• The dollar store test are basically the same as the ones the doctors use. So if you have any doubt about it being positive just wait a while and take another one, it's only a dollar and some change!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• same answer as DragonRiderMD. with those $ store tests you can easily take them apart get that plastic out of the way if it looks weird. but the lines should be in the open area. there should be a control line by the C and a test line by the T if its pos, not one in the T area if its negative.
    if there is one there than congrats! :)
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 3:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I used a dollar store test when I was preg with my son. Showed up positive right away. But some tests are flukes. With my current pregnancy a dollar store test showed negative when in fact I am pregnant!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i used the dollar tree tests for ovulation and pregnancy, they were both correct cause now im 9wks preggo!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2009