Has anyone?

Tried any online job sites and are legit? I'm really stressed out because I need money ASAP. I can't get a job locally and I've been to several interviews and didn't get the job obviously. I really need some help and if anyone has any advice for me that would be great.

NaTiveMommy253

Asked by NaTiveMommy253 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Maybe try Craigslist? They usually have a lot of job postings. But honestly, the best advice I can give you is to go out and put in an application ANYWHERE. Even if you have to work in a fast food place, you can still look for something better while you're making at least a little bit of money.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Hi

I know that with this economy...times are get tough and the jobs scarce. I am not sure about any job sites giving p/t work. I have heard that several companies like walmart are hiring. Try them out also if you live in an apt complex ask if they have any p/t reception positions, since you live there already they might hire you. Also, check unemployment offices and temp agencies.

I would talk to you about my company but it needs and investment and since you are looking for a full time job, it wouldn't be fair of me to ask you to check us out. but the advantage is that you will be a contractor and get a 1099 which will qualify you for great tax deductions and more money at the end of the year in your pocket.

Need more info goto www.dailychecksathome.com
    or www.freedomathometeam.com/rals
    want to talk to me directly email me at rals7580@gmail.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Lol anon, if it wouldn't be fair for you to ask her to check it out, why did you give her your contact information and website addresses? I smell a scam :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:37 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• m-avi

Sure.  I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

www.athome.yolasite.com

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:49 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• The unemployment rate keeps going up and it is very discouraging. I do have a few suggestions, though (I do career and job search coaching).
    Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others.
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

• I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 6 month old. I work with a large group of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. You can get paid weekly!!!
    The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 12:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Hey Mama! Are you looking for an at home Job or a home based business? I have a home based business with AmeriPlan and I work it around my 3y/o & 2m/o twins. We offer daily pay, health benefits for your entire household, 401k options and so much more. There is no selling, no product, no cold calling and no collecting payments. We offer 1 on 1 training, training websites, team meetings, conference calls and unlimited support. If you would like more information please PM me or visit my page here on CafeMom!

Jessica Callahan

www.FreedomAtHomeTeam.com/JCallahan
    jjk45xox

Answer by jjk45xox at 7:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2009