Would you let your daughter wear a skirt that barely covers her bottom in public?

I was watching a movie and noticed the most provocatively dressed person in it was only 13. I wondered there for a minute if it was on purpose because, after all, it is Hollywood, but it bothered me. Especially when she sat in a chair with her legs open. It didn't show anything, but it looked so intentional.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah that's a big fat NOPE right there. I won't let her out in anything I can see her business in. I told her I won't yell at you when you get older. I'm going to yell out the window "Put on some pants everyone can see your business."
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:35 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I have a 2 year old daughter and I have often wondered what will be acceptable attire. We already have SUCH a hard time finding decent length in shorts so I guess later on, as long as her butt cheeks don't fall out when she bends over, I'm fine with it. A short skirt? Nope, I'm not allowing that. I've seen kids walking around with her butt cheeks hanging out and it freaks me out, lol. I'm like wow, I wouldn't let my daughter out in that EVER. But, to each their own, I guess whatever a parent is comfortable with is alright then, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Thats why we have such young moms now, because the market trains them real early.they dont know that they are being brained washed by the media,they are innocent girls forced to grow and act older at a young age,if mom and dad dont pick up on it,they do crazy stuff like sharing their "business" with everyone.lol i have never heard that term,very cute .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• "N" "O" "W" "A" "Y" "J" "O" "S" "E"

Not under my roof. God gave us a body but that don't mean you can flaunt it all "willy nilly" in public. I guess as mothers that is our biggest fear...lol

It doesnt matter how old you are there has to be decency or we might as well be animals and run around buck naked....

Oh wait....That reminds me what do animals have to cover their body "FUR" so we are now worst than animals...shame on us.

Hollywood or no Hollywood.....13 yr old girls are impressionable minds and should be handled with care....I wish there were a stamp that read on their foreheads "FRAGILE HANDLE WITH CARE" so even hollywood won't be able to exploit their innocence.

I know i sound mean and horrible but that is the truth.
    rsambhi

Answer by rsambhi at 12:50 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Anon...my granny used to say business all the time. I was a 38C in 8th grade, so i couldn't fit well in my tops and she'd yell "Put a shirt over that everyone can see your business" from our front porch. I guess she figured it was better than "they can see your boobs". I wasn't anything really provocative, just usually like the previous years summer wears.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• "N" "O" "W" "A" "Y" "J" "O" "S" "E"

You don't sound mean AT ALL!! I COMPLETELY AGREE! Children should be just that . . . CHILDREN!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:25 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Am I looking to have my daughter raped!? NO WAY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2009