Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking For People Similar To Me To Message With....

I am 21, I have a 2 year old, and I am six months pregnant. I don't really have any support from the father, and hesitate to get child support because he is abusive and I don't want to push him to file for visitations. I've done a little college, but have no degree. I am currently unemployed, and looking for work, but not having any luck, due to my big belly (I think). I live back home with my mom and dad, and am hoping to get an apartment soon.... If you have any similar circumstances please comment to my post, and I will message you back....


Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Similar-ish circumstances....please feel free to message me anytime!

    Answer by sophiafarris at 12:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

  • I am 24 years old. The father of my 1 month old son is 32. He has not met him, nor has he called or texted to ask about him. When I found out I was pregnant, he wanted me to have an abortion. I told him that I wanted to keep it, and he cheated on me, and has since had 3 live in girlfriends in the 9 months I was pregnant. I have not spoken to him since April. Because of the circumstances and lack of support, I had to move in with my parents who lived 4 hours away. I couldn't get a job, because no one wanted to hire a pregnant woman who would soon be on maternity leave.

    1 month before the delivery, I received a text from the father, saying I had no right to leave him out of "his" son's life. He has not spent a dime to help with the expenses. I did not reply to his message. I do not know where he lives now, and do not want to spend my life chasing a CS check that will never come. I'm gonna win this one. . .

    Answer by kelli0585 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

  • Visitation & child support are 2 seperate issues. Ask the child support enforcement office. Just because he pays does NOT mean he automatically gets visitation.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

  • Depends on where you live really. Where I live if the father pays he has a right to visitation. However in MOST cases if he is useless now he will be then too. Meaning you can get him for support & he has every resposibility to pay support. If he choses not to see his kid then that is his fault & the child can decide what a creep his/her father is. I have been doing this for 16 yrs. Remember this, you did not create this child alone & there is no reason why you should raise it alone. If there is abuse issues then there can be something done in that matter as well. Is any of it documented??? The court may decide that he have to have supervised vistation in which you take your child to a specific location appointed by the court & he will have to visit with the child there. It may be more difficult to get this if his previous abuse has not been documented. I recommend you check into the laws in your state.

    Answer by HelenStoner at 9:56 AM on Sep. 7, 2009