Impossible?

Ok so my son is a month old, my hubby and i are both military and are stationed cross country from each other. When he came out for paternity leave we had sex a couple of times.from the time he was five days old to about week and a half. Now i know we should have waited or used bc, but we didnt.i still havent got my period. If we are pregnant again its ok, we wouldnt mind. I just want to know how likely it is. Please no judgments, if we are we will be ok and happy.

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 12:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• U should be just fine, just a take a test just to make sure. Best of luck. I have had my kids after each other. = - ). U will be just fine. cheers.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 11:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• from what i understand, the first few weeks postpartum is a VERY ferile time for many women. mt guess would be tat is is very likely that you got pregnant. but there is no way to say for sure until you take a test. good luck!

and why are you guys stationed cross country from each other? i thought they made it a point to keep families together.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I know someone from my church that has 2 kids 11mo. apart so i does happen. Your body does need time to heal from the first birth, but you will be fine if you are preg. I thihk a female's body can do amazing things!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Very likely you could be pregnant again. Take a test if negative recheck if you still think you could be a week or so later.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 10:14 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Generally speaking, women don't tend to ovulate until 3-6 weeks after birth (sometimes longer, especially if breastfeeding). So you should be fine. Your period probably won't show for another couple of weeks, maybe another month - unless you're breastfeeding, in which case there's no telling how long it will be. If you're really worried, it's been long enough that you can take a test and feel good about the results.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2009