Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support From a Non-Working Parent/Incarcerated....

If I file for shild supportr and my daughters father dosen't work, what will happen? Also, if he is in jail for months at a time on and off do I still get child support, or is there aide out there for parents whos child's father is incarcerated?


Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I don't think there is anything they can do to collect child support if the parent is in jail, from what I hear. It's not right though... it's not the child's fault their parent is incarcerated.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

  • child support cannot be collect from an inmate. I have a friend who has 2 kids by a guy who is doing 30 yrs. When he gets out he will have to pay them decades of back pay

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

  • There is support, call the local social services acgency and let them know the situation. Or try 411, they could also direct you in the right direction.

    Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2009