Louisiana Pre school age cutoff

I just found the cut offs for kindergarten and sadly my daughter will not be able to attend until she is almost 6 due to the cut off being 5 by the end of September. Does anyone know the cut off for pre school. I have thus far been unable to find the answer.

fuelsgirl2

Asked by fuelsgirl2 at 12:49 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Pre-schools tend to be individual --they're private, rather than public, so they don't have government mandates about who they have to take, generally (depends where you are).

That said, children who enter formal, academic education later rather than earlier do better with the physical demands (sitting still and paying attention) and the material than kids who start earlier.

The source of that information has mostly been the research done on the Head Start disaster.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Well, I would say if it's at the school they would have the same date, if you go to a church or other place away from the school that offers preschool they could have a different cut off date. (I never asked what the cut off dates were, but I live in Louisiana too.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I LIVE IN LOUISIANA TOO MY DD'S BIRTHDAY IS SEPT.30 SO SHE WILL JUST MAKE IT....IM NOT SURE IF THERE IS A NATIONWIDE DEADLINE R WHAT THOU!? I THINK THERE ALL DIFFERENT!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Pre school varies. They usually have a 2 and up (or 3 and up) approach, as long as their potty trained.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 8:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It varies among preschools, but around here many of them follow the same cutoff dates as the school system

Answer by missanc at 8:29 AM on Sep. 8, 2009