Do you still feel uneasy or fear when 9/11 comes around?

9/11 was a very tramatizing day for many many people. I was afraid something would happen each aniversary for 3 years. Then came to realization that living in fear isn't living at all. Just curious if anyone is still afraid, uneasy, or feel okay.

NuMommy87

Asked by NuMommy87 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• for the first 2 years i would get uneasy, then realized like you there is no reason to run around fearing everything. and just b/c they struck that day doesn't mean they will choose to do so again. now, i feel passion for our country, anger at those who did it, and fear for our troops safety overseas.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:07 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No I just am really sad that day. so many lives lost for nothing.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:11 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No, but I do feel sad like other pp here. It was a sad and terrifying day. I would never forget how I felt that day and would tell my kids when they're older or even my grandchildren... :P
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 1:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yes. Having lived in NYC at the time, a brother that worked in the towers but had not arrived at work yet that morning and being the wife of a NYPD Officer that survived the attack but worked in that wreakage for months following, I feel like I relive it every year... Seeing any footage on television from that day gives me knots in my chest and I cry. It is very difficult to feel such sadness for so many lives lost but at the same time feeling lucky to have my husband and brother alive is a very conflicting feeling that I have had to learn to live with.
    carrie1218

Answer by carrie1218 at 1:23 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Sad, very. Scared, no. I even flew on 9/11 a couple of years ago. I actually felt VERY safe because TSA was very vigilant. My luggage was swabbed for "explosive residue" or something and I got a pat down.But I think the pat down was a luck of the draw as no one else got one.

asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 1:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Nope cause that is the day my nephew was born.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Nope. I'm not afraid of terrorism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Well there's always the fear that my son won't like his birthday presents or that his cupcakes for preschool won't bake properly in my insane oven. It's his birthday.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:20 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No, I'm not afraid.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 7:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2009