Is it just me????

Or after hearing about the Jaycee Duagard case and other kidnapping cases makes you want to put a GPS locator on your child? I wouldn't know what to do in a situation like that if my child was taken from me. I think I would be filled with many emotions. I know this for sure if Iwas her mother and after the trial is up I would tell the judge to keep them in prision for the rest of their life with no chance of paraole cause if he got out...I would be at those doors with a gun and they won't get very far out those doors. Just a thought. Share your thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's sad that so many molesters are freed and allowed to commit again. I also think parents got to nonchalant and have not been paying close attention to their kids. No one under 15 should be allowed to wonder around the neighborhood alone.
    I hate it seeing kids playing in the street everyday with not one adult in sight. What would happen if one got hurt? No one is paying attention any more and I pray that these stories will open parents eyes.
    I pray for her and her children, she has experienced one of the worst things possible. I guess I am overly cautious from my own experience, so I vow to never let that happen to my children.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I think the GPS should be put on the child molesters! If they're going to let them out of prison to live among us, they need to TELL people and monitor their every move! If they fail to register, pick their ass up and put them back in prison! The system allows for way too much leniency IMO.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No it's not just you, lol, our children are everything to us, we have every right to want them to keep in touch with us, so we know they are safe. We have 2 sons, I worried about them when they were young, perverts are perverts, ya know? God knew better than to give me a girl, she would have been locked up in her room, LOL, yep, I know child abuse, hehehe... Of course, I am kidding but seriouly, I don't know how you ladies with daughters stay sane, my hat's off to you all... :)

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Nope you're not the only one.  I wish I could put a GPS belt on my son too.   Its disgusting the sick ass man go out and then kidnapped Jaycee.   Refoprm needs to take place to better protect our children!

NuMommy87

Answer by NuMommy87 at 2:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It makes me sick. several individuals that I know were raped and sexually tormented as children.
    Everyone was quiet about it because they suffered such shame in a time when people blamed the victim. Now we need to teach our kids to use their voices. Unfortunately, we also need to teach them to watch out for perverts. I taught my son at a young age to respect that his body is his own.
    Then as he got older, I told him in story form of experiences that were told to me. Some children do not know that such experience is a crime and feel threatened by the tormentor. They trick children like the candyman on Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, whaere he captured the children and put them in a dungeon.
    I am grateful that my own children have not suffered under the fear of a predator and maybe gps is the way of the future.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:20 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Most children are molested by family members, family friends, or other trusted adults (teachers, coaches, etc.) Most are molested in places of safety, ie home, school, church, or at a family or friend's home.

Worrying about strangers won't keep your kids safe, worrying about the other adults in your child's life makes more sense.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2009