Whooping Cough? Have you had any experience with it?

Have you had any experience with Whooping cough? What was the treatment? Are there natural treatments for it? I have googled it and have gotten info that way.,....I am looking for firsthand knowledge/experience with it. Thank you so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Health

• my dd had croup believe its the same thing. she got a shot of steroids to open her airways and that was when it was really bad and i had to take her to the er. otherwise we walked her in the cold air, filled the bathroom w/steam and sat in there w/her. it lasted about a 4 nights (more at night than day) of it being bad enough to wake her, the second night was the night we had to go to the er. the other nights those treatments worked, and after the 4 days she still had a cough for about a week and a half but not a bad one. (like i said i think they are the same if not sorry)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:53 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• yes my kids had it. I used steam in the bathroom and I kept a large pot of water simmering all day to keep moisture inthe house. We also took hot steamy baths with tea tree oil in the water or breathed steam w/tea tree oil from a bowl w/ towel over head. I remember it happend mostly at night. I pushed fluids too.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 2:33 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My son got it from a vaccinated child when he was 6 months old. We did what the posters above me did with him. He was sick for a couple days but that was it. Two of the other kids in the play group that had been vaccinated were hospitalized with the Whooping Cough. They had recently been vaccinated so their immune systems were weak at the time they got it. It was not fun I just made sure at playdates to ask the moms in advance if the children had been recently vaccinated we asked them to not come if that was the case to protect the vaccinated and unvaccinated children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2009