adopting my friends baby how do i do it?

I AM 21 YRS OLD AND LIVE IN SA TX AND MY FRIEND IS 24 SHE RECENTLY ASK ME IF I CAN ADOPT HER BABY WHICH IS DUE ON SEP 10,2009 SHE DOESNT WANT ANY PART OF THIS BABYS LIFE ..I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO HAVE A BABY WITH NO LUCK IV TAKEN FERTILITY MED AND NOTHING WE REALLY WANT A BABY, SOME SAY WE'RE YOUNG BUT I THINK IT ALL DEPENDS ON ONE SELF YOU KNOW!! I DONT HAVE ANY IDEA OF THE COST, WHAT WOULD BE THE CHEAPEST ROUTE AND IF I REALLY DO NEED TO GO THREW A ADOPTION AGENCY. YOU KNOW SHE COULDVE ASK ANY ONE BUT SHE ASKED ME AND THATS THE GREATEST GIFT I CAN EVER RECIEVE THAT EVERYONE SEES ME AND MY HUSBAND AS PARENTS ...ADOPTION WOULD DEF BE AN OPTION BUT I WAS THINKING OF THE FUTURE ME AND MY HUSBAND ALWAYS SAY "AS BAD AS A BABY WANTS A MOM N DAD THATS AS BAD AS A MOM N DAD WANT A BABY' thank you for your help

jennifer210n207

Asked by jennifer210n207 at 3:32 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to get in touch with a lawyer. If you already have a child to adopt, contact a lawyer and they will do the paperwork. Also, you may have to pay for your friend's medical expenses. Also, are you sure you want to adopt the child of a friend? I know you want a baby but something like this could ruin a friendship...though, babies are more important!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:48 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My sister had a friend whose cousin did that. The cousin went into labor and kust put her cousins husband down for father(my sisters friend)and my sister's friend adopted her as the mother because her husband was listed as father-it worked and it was fairly cheap that way...GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2009