what positions did you put your baby to sleep in when 1st born

how did you have your baby sleep when you put her in the crib for the first months of her life starting from when you brang her home.nurse said to only let the baby sleep on her back, but im just scared because i feel that if she spits up she can choke on it.i check her every 2 minutes because im scared.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 3:36 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aww, I was the same way. But the BEST way for her to sleep is on her back! Studies showed that back sleeping reduced the risk of death from SIDS by 50%!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i always put mine on her side..i rolled up a receiving blanket and put it next to her back to keep her in that position..i didnt want her to choke on her spit up, and if i put her on her back she woke up like 10 mins after going to sleep..
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 3:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Back to sleep.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 3:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I was worried about the same thing! I'm prego with my 3rd and I'll worry about it with this one also, lol. When I wanted to sleep I put my kids in a swing of course on their backs but their back were elevated by the back of the swing. I always felt better that way. I also think it depends on your specific child. Both of mine were able to hold their heads up unassisted so if they were playing on their tummies and fell asleep, I wouldn't move them. I'd watch them very closely though. If she can't lift her head up yet by herself then I wouldn't recommend putting her on anything but her back. Maybe (if you have a swing) that will ease your mind like it did mine.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• back, and on her stomach while laying on my chest.

she didnt like the sleeping positioner so the side thing didnt work, she slept longer laying on my chest so i let her do that and put a bunch of pillows around me.

now at almost 7 months, she is rolling all around everywhere! she sleeps however.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:51 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I put my son on his back with a rolled up blanket on the side because he did like to stretch and sometimes would end up on his side, the blanket helped him to stay on his back. I was the same way though until we got the Angel Care baby monitor, it has a LOUD beeping monitor if there is no movement (breathing or otherwise) for 20 seconds (and you can adjust the sensitivity to make it even more sensitive), now at 2 months I'm much more comfortable since I can both hear him in his crib with the monitor and know that it will also beep loudly if there's no movement. For me it's been a life saver I can actually get some sleep
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 4:11 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• When I got home from the hospital with my dd I would put her on her back to sleep. I would walk in her room 20 minutes later to check on her (she's my first) and she would be on her side. I have a video/audio monitor which I paid big bucks for. It has night vision. For the first month I would stay up all night and just watch her sleep to see how she got on her side..
    babygirl52709

Answer by babygirl52709 at 4:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I say the same as MaciesMommy09. Believe me it is much safer that way, coz they seem to throw up heaps when that young. It can choke them really bad. As long as your baby is not too much on her side, just a blanket to turn the baby sideways. As long as u have the head turned sidways, then u r fine. Congrats.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 8:43 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Put them on their side. Yes i agree with everyone else.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I put them on their stomach. They choked when they spit up on their backs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2009