IUD EVER CAME OUT?

SO I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE MY IUD WAS IN THE RIGHT PLACE. YOU KNOW HOW DOCTORS TELL YOU TO CHECK FOR THE STRING ONCE A MONTH AND SO I HAVE. BUT TODAY I FELT IT AND IT FELT TOTALLY WEIRD AND DIFFERENT. I FELT THE STRING WAY TO FAR OUT. KEEP IN MIND I'M ON MY PERIOD SO GOING TO THE HOSPITAL WAS A LITTLE SCARY. ANYWAY I WENT AND SO I TOLD THEM WHAT HAD HAPPENED. THEY WERE LIKE OK AND CALM ABOUT IT. I'M OVER HERE SCARED S****LESS! BUT ANYWAY I GO AND HE FIRST CHECKED ME WITH HIS FINGER, THEN HE DIDN'T FEEL MY IUD THEN HE USES THE THINGY THEY USE FOR PAPSMEAR THEN HE NOTICED IT WAS ALMOST COMPLETELY OUT SO HE FINISHED TAKING IT OUT. I JUST THINK THIS WAS EXTREMELY WEIRD AND JUST NOT NORMAL. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE?

ABBY90

Asked by ABBY90 at 5:21 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Health

• It is actually very common especially in the first year of having your IUD and while on your period. I personally have not had mine come out, but a good friend did. She said while she was on her period she got a little heavier cramping then normal and the next time she went to the bathroom her IUD was on her pad!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009