What would you name a Scotty dog?

The mama dog isn't being bred 'til Springtime, but as soon as her puppies are here we are getting a Scottish Terrier. Most likely a black male. I'd like a Scotch sounding name, but also something that sounds peppy and happy. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are Scotties the dogs that advertise the liquor Johnny Walker Red? You could name him Johnny. Or Red.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 7:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I looked on a website that is full of Scottish names for men and women. How about Duff? It means "black" OR Duffy...that means "black one of peace!" Maybe Duncan? Scottie? I like Duffy myself...it would fit really well for a little black scottie dog! Let us know what you decide!! Enjoy your little friend when you get him.
    fossilgirl

Answer by fossilgirl at 8:08 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• This is the kind of dog I want. The name I would choose is "mocha latte".
    ladycherise

Answer by ladycherise at 8:33 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• how bout the name of the black scotty fromlady and then tramp his name was jock ibelieve probably spelled diffrently
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 9:04 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I found this site for you to try. Good luck! :
    http://www.i-love-dogs.com/names/origin/scottish_16.html
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 9:25 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My grandparents had a Scotty dog named Rudy. He was kind of mean, but only because there are a ton of grandkids, he was older and we loved to play with him. Obviously he didn't feel the same towards all of us! I can't blame him though :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• THANK YOU! You've given me some VERY cute ideas!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2009