How long did you push for?

An how many times did you push? With both of mine i pushed for 15 mins an only had to push 3 times an they were out! My 1st weighed 6lbs an my 2nd weighed 9lbs!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I pushed for 28min. with my first and he weighed 5.12. I don't remember how long i pushed with my second and3rd babies, but i think it was only about 15min. My seconc was 6.7 and my 3rd was 7.8.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i didnt push at all... i had 2 c sections :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I pushed for 1.5 hours. He was 8 lbs.
    bfaith7

Answer by bfaith7 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• pushed for 2 hours for my first born 18 days later than my due date he weighed 8.7 born a csection, second baby a csection she weighed 8.3, and third baby she was also a csection weighed 7.8.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I pushed for 20 minutes with my first. She weighed 6lbs. 4ozs.
    I pushed for 5 minutes with my second. He weighed 8lbs. 8ozs.
    I tried NOT to push with my third because the doctor wasn't ready. The baby wouldn't wait though and ended up being born on the bed. lol She weighed 6lbs. 12ozs.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 9:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I pushed for 35 min.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:23 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• After 24 hours of labor, and 2 hours of pushing, I went in for a csection :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• 2 hours with my first (because I was reclining back-- bad position!)

Not really at all with my second birth. I think I was trying to breath "O"s to hold back from baby descending too quickly. But that was a few minutes, maybe 10 minutes. ?
    And that 10-pounder was a breeze-- because I was leaning forward, hands-and-knees.)

AMAZING what positions can do!!! :-o
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:53 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• From the point that the midwife determined me to be 10cm & 100% effaced to the moment my first was born, it was 14 minutes. That included breaking down the bed and pushing to I pushed for about 10 minutes (he was 5 lbs 7 oz)

At 1:45p with my second the midwife checked me and said I had a little lip left (basically, I was 9.5cm) and to give a little push to push past it. I did and then she started breaking down the bed. My 6 lbs 7 oz daughter was born at 1:53 so it was less than 8 minutes between being told to push past that lip and her being born. And I must add that I was 100% COMPLETELY numb with her and couldnt feel a single thing... no contraction pain or pressure, no ring of fire... NOTHING. So, having the epidural doesnt make it hard to push. If someone knows how to go poop and if the baby is in the correct position and a low enuf station at the start of pushing, its easy
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i pushed maybe 10 min with my daughter and was done she was 4lbs 12oz
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 2:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2009