Ladies who read the Bible regularly

What are you reading/studying right now? At Mass yesterday our Priest suggested we read Acts this month so DH and I started it last night. Do you read alone or with family or SO or both?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• BuzyMamma: I think reading the Bible and praying with my husband and my children bring us closer together. I also like bouncing ideas off of him and discussing what we read. Hubby and I do readings and prayers together each night before we go to bed and we each have our own separate prayers throughout the day as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I usually read alone since my husband is working 2 jobs and I don't see him from Sunday night-Friday night.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 9:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I read alone but I always text my husband something good that I read so that he gets a taste of it too. I am currently reading John.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:22 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Alone...because it is time for me and God. He has his own prayers.
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 9:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I have a Bible verse emailed to me everyday on cafe mom I am involved with a christian group to talk about God, scriptures, to recharge my battery as they say.
    I have also picked up this little book that talks about the 10 Commandments. Its time to go back to the basics.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 10:51 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Right now it's Genesis 24 about Isaac and Rebekah. I do it alone because it's my job as an individual to gleen from God's Word. I can read with my husband if I want too, but I find it's just too distracting.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:50 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My alone time I'm in Revelations. With my daughter just random bible stories and with my son a teen devotional and with sisters from church twice a month we r doing a womens study the last one was on Magdalina and the demons. With my husband we haven't in a while but we will today! :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I am all over the Bible lately--the Johannine letters, Ruth,1st and 2nd Samuel with the kids, giving and receiving love (here a little, there a little)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i am currently reading genesis and almost to exodus. it has become really really intriguing. i read the new testement so i went to the old testement to read so i can read the whole bible
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009