So we know there are tons of anti-Bush & anti-Obama ladies on this site, in your opinion, who was the most effective president, and why?

In all honesty, was the USA any stronger or better with any past leader? Or, are our leaders just a fair source of political unrest that goes on, until the next person is elected?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the last good president was good ole Abe Lincoln.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• How would we know if Abe was that great........the lack of documentation back then makes more of what he did rumor-like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• the lack of documentation back then makes more of what he did rumor-like.

Lack of documentation? You know they did have paper and printing presses back then. They have these things called archives where they keep all the paperwork the administration did when he was in charge. They even have the paperwork from people who were president the first and second times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Harry Truman was the best in my opinion.
    He led desegregation
    led the economy from war to peacetime changes
    Had the balls to drop the bomb and end the war
    He signed the Truman Doctrine to contain communism
    many other things some not so good. such as the UN but his vision was good.
    And he stated "The buck stops here" and meant it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:26 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Damn I even pick a Republican and still get grief.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Didn't get grief from me anon, I think he was one of the great ones.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:40 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Carpy I know its just funny I'm a lib, but I love Lincoln. His matter of factness is what I like about him. We haven't seen the likes of him in a politician since.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I am a conservative and love Truman too lol
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:48 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I don't know about desegregation--that was in the 1960's when LBJ was President. But Truman was a good president. I say JFK was the best because he avoided some big time show downs and avoided nuclear war in 1962 with Russia. Read about it. But nobody appreciated him WHILE he was President. You know, Clinton was pretty good too. But you don't want to admit it. ;-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Obama hasn't even been in office for a year ... I think it's too early to say whether he has been effective or not.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2009