Is this possible? how many of you did this/do this?

I hear different opinions about this everyday from different people so im just wondering how many of you do this and how you did this...?? I really wanna start working after my baby is about 6 weeks old she's almost here and we can make by just on my husbands income till then but we are really gonna need the help. I'll be a new mom, he works during the days from 7 am-4 pm i have one night class every monday and wednesday already from 7 pm to 9pm.. I also want a part time job.. ANYWHERE.. after my soon to be baby is 6 weeks, im not sure if this is doable or to much though.. i do plan to breast feed or if need be, do both breast and formula... for those of you who have done this did you need a baby sitter? could you still breast feed? im not even sure if you can hire sitters when babies are that young??.. i have no family or close friends for 300 miles and they all work! advice?

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I went back to work when my daughter was 6 weeks too. It wasn't as horrible as some moms made it sound. In fact, returning to work gave me a "break" from her constant needs. I BF her too, and I pumped as soon as I was able (about 3 weeks after she was born). My hubby was taking care of her while I worked at night, and he used half BM and half formula. As long as your son will take a bottle, I see no reason you can't pull it off. As far as a babysitter, I would interview at least 10 people for the job, and just be sure you are comfortable with them. There is no age restriction for a babysitter. Good luck!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Sounds like you might save money by staying home with your baby unless your husband is going to watch him. Daycare in my area for an infant is $600 a months...way more than you would make at a part time minimum wage job. Start pumping as soon as baby is born to freeze and when they are about 4 weeks old introduce a bottle. DH worked two minimum wage jobs when DD was born so that I could stay home with her. It was something we both agreed to and I'm so lucky that DH is such a wonderful husband and father.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I went back to school full-time three weeks after I had my daughter and it was really tough. I ended up having to do summer work for one of my classes not to mention the fact that I was SO TIRED. I couldn't focus on anything. I needed a baby sitter for when me or my fiance were gone but I have family who are close by and just asked them. You could always try to find a job at a day care, that way you could take your baby with you and might be able to bf or pump while you are there.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• m hbby is the only one who works and we make it with a toddler and a new born and we dot get help from the goverement....w do it by ourselfs..i dont trust daycares and i wanna be the person my children see everyday...but thats me......i prefer to be a SAHM.....i wish you the best of luck in everything you are trying to do....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You can work part time when you're not taking classes so that when your husband is working you take the baby and when you're working he has the baby. No need for a sitter that way. This could be hard on a marriage though. You can get a family member to help watch the baby. Most family members would love time with the new baby. Breastfeeding you can pump and store the milk for later use. This requires special bags designed to hold human milk. You'd be surprised how long it lasts that way. The babysitter and/or family member will need to know about it. You can pump and have like a cooler device for your milk while you're at work. Trust me... you'll want to always pump the schedule your baby feeds because you'll get real sore breasts if you don't. I do not suggest doing formula if plan to breastfeed. Your milk supply could diminish. Make sure your baby can latch and very good at breastfeeding before you ever introduce the bottle.
    lovemylilsweetp

Answer by lovemylilsweetp at 10:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2009