Any homemade remedies for sore nipples due to Bfing??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes - hand express a small amount of breast milk, dab it on your nipples gently, and then sit back and read a book for about 30 mins with your top off and the curtains shut, lol. I promise, it's better than any creams you can buy or any home concoctions - it works.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 9:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I used Lansinoh (spelling?) and it worked well, for the small amount of time I breastfed.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• What ladysavage said. Also, make sure you aren't using soap on your nipples it dries them out.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Your own breastmilk. Also, try not to use soap on your nipples when you take a shower. Just water should be fine. If you use soap it will dry them out and make them more sore. (It did for me anyways)
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• your own breastmilk. more great info here! www.cafemom.com/group/lllcafemom

ap.sahm

Answer by ap.sahm at 10:10 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Let your breasts air dry after feeding, if you can. Use lanolin cream after nursing. The name brand is Lansinoh, but the store brands are just as good and not as expensive. You can get it at any drugstore or Wal-mart.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No, soap, wash only with warm water. Contact your doctor, baby doctor, or better yet a lactation consultant and get a script for "tripple nipple cream", thats the laymens term for it. It works like lanolin, but is better.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Try nursing more. How old is your baby? My nipples were only sore for a day or so and not that bad. I found that the 'massage' from the baby's mouth actually helped. It also got them accustomed to the feeling.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 2:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Get a breast pump and just start pumping. That is how I survived.
    LeslieMB

Answer by LeslieMB at 5:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2009