Could my son get one single chicken pock from getting the vaccine?

He had his shots Aug. 26. Yesterday I found a spot on his arm that looked like chicken pox or possibly a bee sting. It is a red splotch, about the size of a regular mosquito bite, with a tiny little blister in the middle. It looks like a burn blister and it's VERY tiny. I know he didn't get burned, could this be a side effect of his shot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, one pock is possible. DD was exposed to chicken pox the same week she got the vaccine and did get just one pock.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:57 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Both of my girls got the vaccine and later the booster. They have never had any problems and never gotten the chicken pox. They are 15 and 9 now.
    marilyp

Answer by marilyp at 9:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It IS a live virus vaccine. Possible.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I'm just wondering because my neighbor is 33 and he told me that if he is exposed to chicken pox he has to go to the ER ASAP because he is very likely to die from it.

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My son got the same red dot or two after his... so i'm sure it is chicken pox.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yeah keep your kid away from people. He can catch it and even spread it. Adult males get more complications than kids or even women.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I don't know. My daughter got the shots, a kid in her daycare came down with chicken pox and she had a very mild case after being exposed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2009