Come on woman up your hate isn't due to Obama its politicians in general, isn't it?

My take on the political unrest in this country is due to politicians not being believable any longer. They lie, cheat, back scratch way to much anymore. We need someone in office that everyone can get behind. I personally would like to see the US neutral in foreign affairs. The second we started getting involved in other countries politics ours started to go down hill. I remember reading in the history book about an America that was up in arms about a little affair called the XYZ affair in which the French got really upset with America because we did not believe in the customary European bribe. Now its common place in America amongst our politicians.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We could always revert back to the "old ways" and marry off a politician's daughter in exchange for peace.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:08 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Thats true as far as lying, cheating and being jerks in general. Most politicians need to be given their pink slips by Americans. We have become way to complacent in researching teh people we vote in to be our voices in DC. But I don't think it is either/or. Obama is just as bad with his lies, distortions and general disdain for Americans who don't agree with his agenda.
    As far as foreign policy, it's to late and nearly impossible to remain neutral now. America has been hit on her shores and our interests have been hit many times over around the world. Our safety is one of the few rights and responsibilities of our government. Obama seems to have it backwards. He wants nothing to do with keeping Americans safe but feels it is his duty to save us and the world from ourselves.
    Personally I don't care a flip how the French or anyone else runs their government and I think most feel the same.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• All politicians including The Lord and Savior Obama are liars and don't care about the country. They are in politics for the money. Presidents make millions after they leave office on speaking engagements, books and other ventures. Bill Clinton never would have been worth 100 million had he not been President. Our Congressmen make millions every year commiting insider trading in the stock market. Our politicians are about power and money it is not about us anymore. Americans and the politicians have forgotten they work for us. Citizens have allowed our government to become so big they are afraid of the Government. The Government and Politicians should be afraid of us.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yes. ALL politicians thus far are working for lobbyists and special interest. NOT for the American people. We need to stand up AGAINST them and their special interest filled lobbyist agenda written bills. I am a Fiscal Conservative. I won't call myself a Republican because too many are NOT fiscally conservative in true Republican defintion.The Corruption, the special interest and corporate cronyism NEEDS to STOP.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yes. As far as the politician thing
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yes I think we should kick every last one of them out, however who the heck are we going to put in there?
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 11:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No I think that it's one side following their "leaders" blindly against the other side doing the same thing.

Stop doing only what your "party" tells you to do or think and try thinking for you own...you never know you might enjoy it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• The US will never be neutral in foreign affairs. We now live in a global environment, isolationism will never be an option for the US. If the US were not the strongest super power in the industrialized world I think we'd all be a lot worse off. When George Washington left office he recommended to future presidents that we keep our hands clean of all foreign affairs. That went out the window in very little time and I am pretty sure is never going to return.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009