Ever have one of these days?

My 10 year now wants a Facebook or Myspace account because her daddy, my ex, lets her 6 year old step sister have one. I have no idea what I ever had in common with this guy. So I tell my DD no and now I am the bad guy. UUUUGGGHHH

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• Better get used to it, that's what being a parent is lots of times even with a partner. I do not allow social networks for my kids, I snoop for safety with alcohol and drugs and I preach birth control.

Being a hardnose now is better than being a grandma when my kids are absolutely not ready to be parents I figure.

Some parents oversee their kids sites on those places but they can connect wit kids and post on their friends sites that are not private. Then whatever the first kid posts in out in the open.

My kids email, text, and talk on the phone with their friends, no social websites and no I M / AIM / ICHAT - that stuff is all too gossipy and rude.

I rigure too kids are rude and gossip without these sites why the heck make their rudeness even easier and all over the internet?

lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:42 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Too young for myspace, your the parent tooo and your decisions matter, stand up and explain to your daughter there are preditors out there, do what you have to do to protect your child.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Actually, doesn't one have to be 16 to have a myspace account? If my 10 year old wanted a myspace page, I would sit down with her and read the "requirements" that myspace has issued. IF she meets those, then we would discuss her having a page. She would be made to understand that I definitely be checking the page regularly, and have the option, as her mother, to delete her account if anything that I disagree with is going on (flirting with boys, cursing, etc).
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Report the 6 year old! It's right in the terms of service that they have to be at least 13 years old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yep i'd report the child's page and have it removed since it's obvious the father lied about the girls age. There is absolutely no reason for a child to have a myspace page. There is WAY too much on there. Some of the worst pages I have seen on there have been from 13-14 year old girls.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009