What party foods don't have to be heated or kept cold?

I am having my son's birthday party at a park shelter. There is no electricity. I am in need of food ideas that do not have to be heated or kept cold, and I am running out of time. Thanks!

jeniam29

Asked by jeniam29 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I honestly can think of anything besides chips & cookies, lol. Why don't you use those sterno cantainers to keep hot foods hot & a pan filled with ice to keep cold foods cold?

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:08 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It's hard to do a party without hot or cold foods....I'd probably a cooler or two, and stick with the cold foods. Maybe fun sandwiches, crackers and cheese, veggie sticks, dips and chips. I also put pans of ice out and place dishes in the pans or bowls to keep foods cold.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Salsa and chips. Little smokies in a biscuit (pigs n blanket) Cut up pieces of fruit. PB &J sandwiches. (cut them into fun shapes.) Vege things. Cookies, cake. brownies. All kinds of chips.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• macoroni salad n potatoe salad ,.. if it could cold then its fine for alil while,.. and hero's would be great !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2009

• i meant comes cold ** sorry ( nursing while tying)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2009