extremely runny,stuffy nose in my 1yr old... :(

what can i give my son to help him. hes got slightly yellowish snot pouring out of his tiny little nose. and hes wheezing too. coughing a tiny bit here and there. i feel so bad! someone help?

chris-s-wife

Asked by chris-s-wife at 11:01 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Close your bathroom door and run a HOT shower. You will sweat to death, but the steam from the shower will help him breath easier. You guys can sit on the floor and play. I finally bought a Vicks steamer. I just pour the vicks liquid in there with some water and it steams up the room. I put it in the living room during the day, and the bedroom at night. It's nice. Just make sure the baby doesnt go around it, b/c the steam is hot coming out! But it works!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i would take him to the doctor, i'm a worry wart and the wheezing would worry me a bit. for a cough, i put baby vapor rub on my little guys chest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Saline and a nose sucker thingy, the steam from the shower would be great, and probably a little calming. If he doesn't get any better within the next few days, I would take him to the doctor, to make sure that he doesn't have some type of infection (sinus, bronchitis). Give him a warm bath, that always makes my boys feel better. Let him sleep as much as he wants, and lots of cuddles! Good Luck!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:37 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• See the Dr and use a humidifier and Baby Vapo Rub.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i've been giving him menthol baths. with this j&j calming vapors bath stuff. he really likes it. but gosh does it make his nose drain. i feel so bad cause i wish i could blow it for him ya know. but im sure hes doing ok somehow.. still pooping-peeing and eating-drinking like a horse. lol hes running around with a pickle spear as we speak. hes got like 4 teeth coming in all at once. but anywho thank u all!
    chris-s-wife

Answer by chris-s-wife at 10:57 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Hey hun. You are doin everything you can do. Just keep qafter him with the bugger sucker. I miss u hun
    josie1982

Answer by josie1982 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2009