Do you think men or women are better with money?

Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• It depends on the individual, I have seen women put them and their family in debt b/c of their shopping habits, and I have seen men just blow money and be financially ignorant too. I'd say men are like that more often than women.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Just depends. Some women will buy a $200 purse and have no grocery $. Some men will think it's perfectly ok to go buy a tool of some sort they will never use. I dont think it's a male or female thing. It's how you were raised and what things you think are more important to spend your $ on. Being responsible is a mature habit, some people never get there.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• men, like when they are buying useless corvettes, or not tithing to their church but have 122 shirts in their closet. or women like the ones who have husbands with the above overkill list of uselesses and their wives buy 200 prs of shoes just because they are made. so that is the reason to buy them. (because shoes are made aren't a reason to buy them by the way. Function, and comfort are reasons, and that is saving much cash for giving out to poor "early" not after .........."Oh, gee now I'll have to sell my corvette and my shoes to help those awful poor people out, so sad, I should have thought before. I am not putting down people just the habits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I think that women are really better with money. Not to bash on men because they are really good at other things. I think that because of the threat stereotype women don't live up to their potential of handling money because we have been told forever that we aren't good in math or with money.
    I know that some women are immature with money because they just are but in general I would say women are better with it.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 11:19 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Depends on the person. I know on here it is not popular to say men are smart and capable of being responsible but I will risk it.lol Cafemom is definately man bashing country. I know more women who are irresponsible with money than men. I am not saying that means women are less responsible just in my circle of friends and family that is the case. I think it is about even between the sexes in general. A lot depends on how a child was raised and less on the sex of the person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

Sorry I could not follow this. I think you were bashing rich people but am not sure. If a person has the money to buy 122 shirts more power to them they owe nothing to anyone else. I get many here hate the wealthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I don't think it is a matter of gender. It depends on your upbringing. In order to be responsible with money, you have to know your priorities and goals in life. Part of that is being able to live within your means, and know what your means are.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2009