Does anyone in here know how to make chicken enchiladas?

Can you please tell me how to make them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This is what I found :

4 Whole chicken breasts
    12 Corn tortillas
    2 cans Cream of chicken soup
    1 Medium onion, finely chopped
    1 Sm. can chopped olives
    1 Sm. can diced green chilis
    1/4-1/2 tsp. Oregano
    1/4-1/2 tsp. Cumin
    1/4-1/2 tsp. Chili powder
    1 cup Light sour cream
    32 oz. Pkg. shredded co-jack cheese

1. Microwave chicken, 15 minutes
    2. Cut chicken into 1" cubes
    3. Mix soup, spices, and sour cream
    4. Tear tortillas into small pieces
    5. Layer ingredients into casserole dish:
    tortillas, chicken, soup, cheese OR just dump together and mix well, reserving some cheese as topping.

6. MIcrowave 15 minutes OR bake 1 hour at 350 degrees
    tortillas, chicken,
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Buy boneless chicken cook it and shred it into pieces.I take 30 tortillas warm them up for 2 minutes in the microwave,wait for them to cool off.Get a tortilla put the chicken inside and roll them.instead of making the sauce like I do,get a can of enchilada sauce and pour it on top,add a bag of monterey cheese put it in the oven until the cheese melts and top with sour cream and cilantro if you want and that is it.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 11:37 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You would probably prefer that I post a recipe, but I just wanted to suggest trying www.foodnetwork.com. I try a lot of their recipes with good success. Good luck!
    YellowandPink

Answer by YellowandPink at 11:38 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i have an awesome recipe for chicken enchiladas if you want to message me i will send it to you i have made it for friends and family and always get comments about how good they are...and they are super easy to make :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Oh yah I forget at 350 degrees until the cheese melts that is it.The chicken is already cooked,You have to cook the chicken in a pot for an hour to an hour and a half.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 11:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I use a canned enchilada sauce and doctor it up, it's called El Pato, it's a red sauce and I think you can find it at Walmart or Sav-a-Lot, I can't remember for sure. Add salt (not too much), pepper, and garlic powder to it. Then you wanna season 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts with cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a touch of mexican chili powder, fry them in a pan with 2 tblsp olive oil, until juices run clear. After they are cooled a bit, seperate them into small pieces with a fork. sprinkle 3 tblsp of the sauce over the pulled chicken in a bowl and mix together with some shredded taco, or colby cheese. Spoon the mixture into the tortilla and roll one side over, then tuck the ends in, and finish rolling. Cover the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan with a thin layer of sauce and arranged prepared tortillas in pan. Cover them with the rest of the sauce, then sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Bake at 375 for 30 minutes..
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• We don't eat meat; this is a simple and awesome recipe. Zucchini and Cheese Enchiladas
    8 corn tortillas
    Olive oil
    2 med. zucchini, sliced
    1/4 c. onion, chopped
    1 sm. can green chili
    1 can whole pitted black olives
    1/2 to 3/4 lb. Monterey Jack cheese (I use less cheese and mix it with 1 to 1.5 cups of refried beans)
    Enchilada sauce (recipe follows for homemade sauce)
    Saute zucchini and onions in olive oil. Pour some sauce in the bottom of an oven proof 8 x 11 x 2 inch dish. Heat the tortillas one at a time for approximately 30 seconds in the microwave long enough to soften so they roll without breaking. Too hot or too long, then they get too stiff). Dip warmed tortillas into sauce. Fill with small amounts of zucchini mixture, cheese, olives and chili. Roll the enchilada and place in dish. When you have filled the dish with 8 enchiladas, top the dish with the remaining cheese, olives and chili.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 12:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the entire dish. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
    Enchilada Sauce
    1/2 c. onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1/2 c. vegetable stock
    1 c. tomato puree
    2 tsp. chili powder add more if desired to suit taste
    1 tsp. cumin
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil an simmer for about 1/2 hour. (1 can tomato paste can be substituted for the tomato puree. Add water until you reach the consistency that you like).

Answer by rkoloms at 12:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Chicken breasts (I grill then and then cube into chunks)
    I make a green sauce (you can buy it at the store not quite as good but it will work)
    onion
    green and red bell peppers
    garlic
    tomatoes
    chilies minced
    poblano peppers seeded and minced
    cumin
    cilantro
    salt and pepper
    tortillas
    sour cream
    shredded cheese

I saute the onion, peppers and garlic until tender. I add the other ingredient except the chicken and cilantro and allow it to simmer with the green sauce. I add the chicken and allow it to heat through. I pour some green sauce in the bottom of a baking pan. I take corn tortillas and fill with the chicken mixture, cheese and sour cream. I put them in the pan seam side down. I pour more green sauce and sour cream on the top and then add more cheese. I bake for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven. I sprinkle with cilantro.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2009