31 weeks pregnant, gentle baby ??

This is my first, and I am starting to get really nervous about this..
even though she does kick and squirm around, it feels so subtle..
From what I have been hearing, at 31 weeks you are supposed to feel hard nudges and stuff.. They come every so often, but it's mostly gentle kicks ..
Should I be worried?

xohcannizzo

Asked by xohcannizzo at 11:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My son was like that... he moved all the time but it was never forceful or hard. My daughter moved ALL THE TIME and drove me insane.

now I have a VERY calm 4 1/2 year old son who loves to self play and chill. And I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who is OFF THE HOOK and always in everyone's business.

So... if their personality in the womb is any indication of their future personality then you should have an easy child:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• the baby should be fine as long as you do feel her moving.. but if you are really really concerned call your OBG and just ask them to do a stress test and make sure everything is ok.. Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck =)
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 11:54 AM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Your baby is still small and surrounded by a lot of fluid. The baby may be active, but all of that cushion may make the kicks feel more subtle. A few weeks more and it will feel like tha baby is tap dancing on your lungs! Talk to your OB at your next appointment about this and any ohter concerns you have.. You'll feel better. Good luck!
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 12:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• :) i'm 31 weeks too! her movements are mostly gentle rollings but I do get sharp kicks and FAST kicks along with it. As long as the baby is moving I say you are fine, enjoy it!

If you want to test it you could try a cup of coffee or ice water
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009