Does anyone understand what i am going thru?

So i have been living with my parents for the past 8 months and i have been paying my rent every month except this month because i got behind cause i have been out of work so long with the csection i had and then it getting infected affected me more and made me miss more work and on top of that i can only work part time cause i dont have anyone to watch my son.. Well for not paying them this month they tell my sister and she goes off on me..just to let you know she doesnt even live here she has nothing to do with the rent or our money but she emails me bitching at me telling me i need to be an adult and put my son first but you know what i always put my son first...he has every thing he could want and we didnt even have a baby shower me and my husband bought everything ourselves before he was born with no help...i have not bought or got myself anything for 12 months...

JoshysMomma19

Asked by JoshysMomma19 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• When something bothers me, I try t take a better look at myself to find out what it is that is making my stomach churn.

Usually, there's truth in what others are telling me. We are only in control of ourselves....

Peace and Love

ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 12:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• It sounds to me like you've just hit a rough spot, which unfortunately, most people do. I wouldn't worry about what your sister says, like you've basically stated, it's really none of her business anyways. Since this bothers you, I would however have a sitdown talk with your parents and tell them what happened and explain that you are really trying and have hit a rough spot. Maybe let them know you don't appreciate your sister knowing because she has judged you without knowing whats going on. We tried renting a house from my hubs parents once but decided it wasn't working out and moved. They were already charging us way more than the house was worth and his dad wouldn't do any work on the house at all. Sometimes it's better to struggle somewhere else.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• If you have a husband and are living with parents you are clearly not doing everything you can. I am the sister that was angry at my brother and his wife for living off my parents. They had every excuse in the book. Thankfully our parents kicked them out and made them take care of themselves and their own kids. It was rough for them but they do just fine. You need to work full time nights so you don't need a sitter. Will it suck? sure but you chose to have a child you could not afford at a young age your life is going to suck for a few years. You can work hard and change that or continue to suck off your parents. If I was your sister I would be mad too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Block her from emailing you. Simple and effective. You don't have to listen to anyone else's crap, if you don't want to. Block her phone number too!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• where is ur husband in this? can't he make the payments? i kno it must be hard.. but can u get a night job?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I'll get back to the topic and answer your question. Your sister is butting into your business and I'm guessing she has no family of her own.

You might write back and simply tell her when life kicks her in the butt you won't attack her as she did you.

People! The OP is paying rent. I'm sure it isn't pleasant to be grown and married and then forced by this economy to live with your parents who don't sound very nice.

Would the nasty anons prefer the OP just live off welfare? I didn't think so either. Judgmental fools.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• well the first person that said that i need to grow up and move out and telling me i am mouching off my parents is wrong...i have not borrowed money from my parents at all and i have paid my rent every month except last month and me and my husband have bought everything for my son with no ones help.. and my husband does pay every month that is why i say i instead of us..and i am doing everything i am ok...i moved in with my parents cause my mom asked me to come here so i could be with them while i was pregnant and when i had the baby..i would have just stayed in Miami and continued to live fine...and i am working nights but they are not giving full time out only part time so i am working as many hours as i can ok...and the first anons person i am not sucking off my parents...i work for everything i have they havent got me anything except for this months rent ok!
    JoshysMomma19

Answer by JoshysMomma19 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Hey Momma don't let your sis and the anons stress you out. I know it's rough right now but keep in mind things will get better. You'll appreciate it so much more and sometimes maybe that's why we have to go through struggles. So when life is good we really know it and appreciate it. Look forward to that better day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Or you could take responsibility and stop making excuses- atleast pay WHAT YOU HAVE! Even if it is 50 bucks left over from taking care of your son.. show some damn respect to your family!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Sep. 8, 2009