Have you ever taken your husband back after an affair?

If so, why? Was it because of the children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• i never married him, but my ex used to disappear over night, sometimes for weekends, as a woman, i have that instinct, i knew what he was up to. i always took him back because i wanted the kids to have their dad around, it wasn't very smart because it made me really unhappy, which started getting taken out on everyone around me...finally i wised up and i left him, now the kids and i are happier than we have ever been :)
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yes. Right after i found out i was pg. i found out he was having an affair (for a year!). I left him, but he went to counseling, promised to make changes (and from what it seemed he did), so i gave him a second chance, b/c of the baby. It was all an act, and he could have won a grammy. He never changed, i divorced his lying, cheating a$$. My child and i are SOOOO much better off without him. My only regret is i should have stayed gone when i left him the first time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• First it wouldn't ever happen...my husband and I have that understanding, that if either of us were to cheat, don't ever expect to be forgiven.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Nope. I kicked him out and divorced him. He does not see the kids at all the other woman is not allowed around children she molested, abused physically and neglected her kids. He lost all rights to see the kids when he married her. He does pay child support it is garnished out of his wages.

He chose to cheat. If he loved me he wouldn't have done that. He did not deserve a second chance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• LoriKeet - you are very lucky. More of us should be like that. My husband has treated multilple times. I've taken him back for the children. Worse thing I ever did. I advise moms in difficult relationships of cheating with or without physical, emotional abuse to get for themselves right away counselling. Different counsellors charge different fees. Counselling can help recognize selfesteem and strengths, hopes, dreams and that those won't be realized with someone who so blatanly disrespect their partner. sigh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My DH has never cheated, but if he did, I wouldn't take him back,
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 12:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My husband will go to a whore house a pay for sex ( even if he says he payed for a friend, I'm not stupid). I never leave. I get pissed and tell him off and lay down more rules in my favor. It's something that alot of men do...and I love him and don't want to leave, but he had his last night of fun a few months ago. He knows that if he messes up again I will take the kids to Texas and be done with him. Women should only take so much, and I've had my fill...just waiting for the next time.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yup. I did. And after a year of marriage counseling he announced that he was still involved with her and had no intentions of stopping. Needless to say, we are divorced. That was back in 1989. I never re-married.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• never say never ladies, so many wives think their man will never cheat and those are first ones to cheat. they just hide it better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yes I took mine back long enough to have him pay the bills while I got a job and saved up to get out. No I wouldn't (and didn't) stay for the kids.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2009