What does a UTI feel like?

I never had one so i was wondering what it feels like and if ur pee looks different or not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Health

• "Not everyone with a UTI has symptoms, but most people get at least some symptoms. These may include a frequent urge to urinate and a painful, burning feeling in the area of the bladder or urethra during urination. It is not unusual to feel bad all over -- tired, shaky, washed out -- and to feel pain even when not urinating. Often women feel an uncomfortable pressure above the pubic bone, and some men experience a fullness in the rectum. It is common for a person with a urinary infection to complain that, despite the urge to urinate, only a small amount of urine is passed. The urine itself may look milky or cloudy, even reddish if blood is present. Normally, a UTI does not cause fever if it is in the bladder or urethra. A fever may mean that the infection has reached the kidneys. Other symptoms of a kidney infection include pain in the back or side below the ribs, nausea, or vomiting." http://www.medicinenet.com

Answer by admckenzie at 1:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I had one once and my pee smelled really bad in the mornings, but I never had pain.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• The pain is excruciating i wanted to scream every time i stopped peeing. have to pee a lot, but only a little at a time, and it didn't hurt when i peed only when i stopped peeing,pressure on your pelvic bone.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 1:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I'd like to add the fact that these symptoms not always being there can lead to an all over infection called sepsis. This is what happens to an untreated UTI. Hopefully you will experience some kind of symptoms. I've not heard of many instances though where at least some kind of pain or frequent urination was experienced. So you should have some kind of warning. Look for what admckenzie mentioned.

geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I had one when I was prego. I didnt feel pain at all, I just constantly had to go. And even when I was finished, I still felt like I had to go more even though nothing would come out. The pee was cloudy and had a distinct odor. gross, i know, but it was easily treated.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2009