Anyone have ideas about working out with/using your baby?

I have a 4 month old and i hate leaving her to go the gym every day.. i would love to work out at home ( hate the dvds ). We have a close bond and i feel like the best way to get a work out every day is to include her somehow so i do not get my seperation anxiety.

mamabayboo

Asked by mamabayboo at 1:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I used to go to stroller strides. There are other mommy and me workouts available as well. I take my 2 year old and 6 month old on walks. We all enjoy it very much. I know you said you don't like DVDs but, I also have a mommy and baby yoga DVD. I would probably recommend stroller strides for you. Hopefully there is something in your area. Best Wishes! It's tough losing the baby weight.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I used to put baby in the stroller and go to the park and walk, most parks have a trail/walkway and some even have it marked out how many miles (you can find out from you parks department how long each trail is) When it was too cold to go for walks normally i would incorporate excercise into playtime with my kids lie on your back whith your knees pulled up to your chest put baby on your legs on their tummy then lift your legs up and down its great for your legs and the baby adds resistance. My aunt showed me that and i was amazed at the workout my legs got and my kids loved it, even now they want me to do it but they are a little big for that lol having a 11 y/o on your legs sort of hurts lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• there is a book called itsy bitsy yoga that has some good exercises to do with your baby in it. Also moby wraps are good to use during workouts with your baby because you can still do squats and things that do not require your stomach to bend with it on, it comes with instructions for some excercises in the pamphlet that tells you how to tie it.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 9:37 AM on Sep. 9, 2009