Should I be so concerned?

My son will be 8 months old on Sunday. He is very easily scared. When my husband sneezes, coughs, or clears his throat, my son will scream at the top of his lungs. The same thing happens when we "blow raspberries" at him. He cries like someone pinched the fire out of him. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Mama2Troy

Asked by Mama2Troy at 1:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds as if your son is in pain when he hears these things....

Call your pediatrician as there could be a medical link to this.

(one friend of mine had a problem with his ear canal and was in constant pain at that age, unfortunately, medicine wasn't that old and it wasn't found until after he could speak well at the age of 4)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Research SPD. Not saying that's what it is, you'll have to compare things...but just take a look.

Sensory Processing Disorder
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• He might have ear problems, so when he hears certain sounds it scares him b/c it hurts his ears, I'd have his hearing and ears checked. I had ear problems as a child and certain sounds would make me cry. Hope you guys find out something.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• sometimes that can be a sign of autism but im not sure how early you can find that out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2009