Cat pee

I'm watching my grandma house while she is out of town, and her damn cat is pissing in the sun room. I think she is angry that she is gone, but whatever it may be it stinks!! I was wondering if anyone knew what might get it out. I need to know ASAP because this is NASTY!!! Thanks!!

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I use vinegar first to shampoo carpets or wash anything with, then use a pet odor spray. The vinegar works great but if you can't put the item through a washing machine cycle then the pet odor spray seems to take care of the rest. We've recently cleaned a bench seat in a car and a mattress that way.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Resolve makes a "pet stain remover" that I've found to be awesome. My girl friend swears by amonia (not sure how to spell that). She also says that moth balls (putting them where the cat is peeing) will stop the cat from peeing in there. I haven't tried that one but whatever you decide, good luck, that crap is HORRIBLE, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Ugh. Try Nature's Miracle. Get a black light or purple light and it will show you where the stains are so you can spot clean. I've also heard vinegar works, but not sure.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I use baking soda and vinegar with a little water to clean, once you have done that use moth balls, my neighbor has 8 cats and she showed me this trick it keeps them out of her flower beds so i would think it would work else where.

Frebreze has a room spray for pet odors, I have heard natures miracle works well also but i have never tried it.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• The best thing that I found for cat urine was a carpet cleaner called Spot Shot, spray it on your stain and let it soak in a bit. Blot with a damp paper towel. Place small sheets of crinkled tin foil in the areas that you have just cleaned, cats HATE tinfoil.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2009