Not listening

My 18 month old daughter just decied to stop listening. She is starting to hide from me in the stores. Like today there weren't any carts at this store and she was hiding between the clothing racks. Also today she has this little car that she was pushing it and started pushing it into the road, which is a busy road. I think I almost had a heart attack. What works for you to have your children listening better? HELP!!!

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I make my son listen... Does he always want to? No. Does he always listen? No. If he won't stop and listen to me, I get down on his level and try to talk to him. If he still won't listen, I'll remove him from the situation. Of course I get aggravated... When he does listen I praise him. My So's mother works in a daycare, and she says use your listening ears... I loved this and use it often. Let your daughter know if she doesn't use her listening ears, she can't play outside.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 1:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Welcome to the terrible twos!! (sometimes it comes early)
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 1:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2009