Why did I have kids if they don't even want to be around???

19 ds??? Yeah I guess its me, huh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• it's their age
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 1:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I didn't want to be around my parents either. The second I found out I was pregnant, I ran home, lol. I had to have mommy and daddys advice. Kids always come back. They will always need you, even though sometimes it doesn't feel that way. My dad and I argued NONSTOP all through my teenage years but now I call him constantly to find out his opinion on everything from home repairs to children. Keep your head up babe!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• This is totally normal. Think about when you were that age. Did you want to hang out with your parents or your friends? I must say you should be glad they're seeking their independence. As long as you raised them with good thinking skills (which I'm sure you did) they're going to go out and find their way. Be proud and supportive. It goes a long way. You may not have them around as much as you want, but have faith they're growing up to be responsible, thinking adults. This validates your hard work as a good parent.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Well this empty nest stuff is killin' me! My neighbor has a son the same age that is always home and even got a tattoo that says MOM! Makes me think I am scaring mine off....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• We didn't plan to have children for our own personal entertainment(at least I didn't,they were more like a surprise!) They are out being their own people right now. Enjoy it! Find a hobby, go help out at your local animal shelter or another place you find appealing if you need something to do. Travel, party, do something! I wish I could sometimes!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND AS SUCH THEY TEND TO DEMONSTRATE AFFECTION IN VARIOUS WAYS, DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN YOU ARE NOT LOVED. AT THAT AGE THEY WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE WORLD WITHOUT YOU, IT IS ONLY NORMAL BUT THE ALL EVENTUALLY COME BACK WHEN THEY REALIZE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A PARENT.

Answer by older at 2:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• No one prepares us for how much our children can break our hearts when they become older teens and adults.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 2:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You can't expect your children to want to stick under your wings their entire life. Your son is 19 let him live his own life and stop throwing your own pity party.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I knew someone would be a biatch on here, its the last time I post.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Awww, don't let anyone stop you from posting! Just look at it as they have nothing better to do other than to be an ass.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2009