i know am not that much good for college,my english language isn't advanced,,but i applied for college coz i knew there is a programm which can help me or prepare me to go to college and take buisness classes,,but every time i ask my husband about a word i don't know;he tells me "how r u going to go college if u don't even know this word"" i feel so bad,,,,any advices

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• there are classes in college called "english as a second language". where they teach you english, and you get college credits for it. i have many international students in my college, and people who dont speak that good of english is my classes. dont worry about it, you can do it. you can do anything you put your mind too. and believe me, you wont be the only one who doesnt know english. dont listen to your husband!! men are silly. good luck!!!!!!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• ps if you have any questions, message me
    PURPULbutterfly

• Hae you graduated from high school?

Is English your first or second language?

Try a community college, try reading more books.... You need to know your grade level for reading and find a librarian who can tell you what books are written n that level and go from there.

Most likely you will pay for courses in college that will be non-credit as they will only get you on minimum college level courses.

Best of Luck! and find an online dictionary that will speak to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My opinion on spelling is this: If you know you don't know how to spell it you're ahead of most! I have a friend with a Masters who can't spell! It doesn't mean you aren't smart!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Tell him he's a jerk. School is the best way to learn words. I have many college degrees but there are words even I don't know. Try looking them up on www.dictionary.com and don't ask him. It's possible he doesn't even know but doesn't want to admit it. I believe that site (dictionary.com) even has an icon you can click on to hear how it is pronounced. Education is the key to success. Don't let him take that away from you

Answer by admckenzie at 2:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2009