Sesitive skin and diaper rash?

My 21 month old has had a rash for 2 weeks. They are caused by her poo. If it sits there for any length of time she gets a rash. Normally she poops on a schedule so I know about when and change her quickly. Well the past two weeks she has been a pooing machine in every diaper, and now has a rash. As soon as I get one cleared up another appears. her poor bum is red and sore and is starting to bleed. I put cream on it with every change. I am to the point of setting the timer to beep every two hours to change her. Suggestions please I hate her in pain.

DevilInPigtails

Asked by DevilInPigtails at 1:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Girl, when Bella gets a bad booty rash, I clean her off, dab her dry completely (or let her air dry for a few minutes, then I slather on the vaseline and top that with baby powder, It's the only thing that ever works when she gets bad diaper rash. I got that tip from my own mother and from 2 of my best friends who have used it on their kids. GL!
    j9gem

Answer by j9gem at 7:35 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Let her be naked for a while to air out the skin.

Is she smart enough to tell you when she goes poop? Maybe after this rash (or during) she'll let you know.....

Call your doctor
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 1:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Give her some "Nudie time"
    My son has that problem as well, and.. it worked well in the summer! but now that it's chillier... not so convenient.
    Lay a thick blanket or towel(s) down somewhere where it's easy to clean - and just have her play.

Also, I've found that when diaper rashes occur - washing their bums with soap and water help as well - using sensitive soap. I use Aveeno sensitive body wash with oatmeal. Or, if that's just not the case right now, washing any chemicals out of wipes - so that you're essentially using cloth and water.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• She has no real control when she goes otherwise I would, but maybe I will try it after the wedding on Thursday.

She pulls at her diaper cause it the poo hurts so I go change her right away. But she still has the rash.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I have an immune deficiency disease and have very sensitive skin and allergies. Burts Bees Diaper Rash Ointment works for me. Many creams have preservatives in them that can make rashes worse in people with sensitive skin. Propylene glycol is a bad one that is in a lot of things.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 2:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• love berts bees! My children rash from most diaper creams because they contain petroleum. apply diaper rash cream w/ every poopy rash or no rash to prevent rashes. is she eatting a lot of fruit? My oldest son rashed if he ate too much fruit. if u use pampers I would sugest a different brand diaper, they tend to make sensitive skin people rash. is it possible this could be a yeast rash?? does it look pimply, shinny, or bleeding, those are often yeast ones(for that u need some foot fungus cream). Also get her on probiotics, it may help.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009