So,after reading the Obama Speech he will give to students....

have you changed your mind about the sincerity of what WILL be said and will allow (or STILL allow) your child to watch and listen to it?

If you have YET to read the transcript, please go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/MediaResources/PreparedSchoolRemarks/

There is NOTHING hidden within the speech of any kind of Political propaganda. So really, what harm is it to let your kids be told to be cool and stay in school by the person holding our highest office?

pr0udm0m_0f_3

Asked by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Does anyone realize that all of the presidents have made a speech to be shown to the students (usually) on the first day of school??? Does anyone realize that President Obama's speech has only been seen as negative because of all the racist people?? He hasn't said anything different than any other president. People! Get a grip.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Lol, I was going to send her anyway. The only thing that I'm a little iffy about the ores telling kids they can stay home If they don't "feel well" because I can see that being used by teens across the country. But mom Obama SAID! Lol
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• HAHA! True there. But hey, it does show he is also *GASP* truly concerned about their health and safety as well.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Anon...My kids WILL be watching Pres. Obama give his speech tomorrow. I read what he will say and I agree with EVERY SINGLE WORD that he is conveying to these children.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I'm sending my kids to school tomorrow. IDK if the school is showing the speech or not. It doesn't matter. It's cool to hear the President speak, even one I didn't vote for and don't like. He's the PRESIDENT. If they play it, we'll talk about what they heard, if they even remember, and go from there, like with everything they hear at school. It's just no big deal.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I will also talk with him after school about what he learned. If it was Bush, McCain, it wouldn't matter my son will listen to a speech given by the president it is respect.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I was gonna let him hear it either way. Though his school did require a permission slip for it...I do feel better having read it. I'm not thrilled about the section that indicates that it's un-American to not do your best ... ' who loved their country too much to do anything less than their best. ' I think it should have been left at the country was built by people who worked hard and never quit. Not really a big deal though...

besides he's 5 he will have no idea what he's talking about anyway! lol. In one ear and out the other.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Nothing that is a big deal in it all. Very boring for elementary students.. You know its so important to show it to our elementary kids, since so many of them drop out of school and all..

Read the speech out loud, add the Obama pauses and umms.. It takes at the most 6 minutes to read.. Where's the rest of it? The White House said the speech was 18 minutes long.

Is he just going to talk really slow?
    amygray

Answer by amygray at 6:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2009