Have you ever actually USED an Ouija board?

Don't give me stories about "a friend of a friend of a friend saw a ghost". Tell me truthful stuff here, ladies.

Do you believe it's a harmless piece of cardboard and plastic, or is it something moooooore?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sure. In college. It was fun, and we had a lot of chuckles. It is a toy.

Answer by Bmat at 2:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I've used an Ouija board and for some it's fun and so other's it's not. Your friend probably saw something, and it's good that she believes. But many people use it for fun and others us it to for spiritual reasons. It an unknow game that people us to contact the unknown................or.........is.............it..........................?
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 2:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I used 1 before...Nothing happened though...it kinda depressed me alittle. I actually do some ghost hunting around where i live.
    CandyMama231

Answer by CandyMama231 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Okay guys not funny>>>>It's not a friend of a friend but my mother who was personally affected. We were not allowed to go near one as children. In college her and two friends played with one. The two boys were brothers. The board spelled out to the one boy that he would "emulate Judas" the other one said "end it". The one boy hung himself from a tree a year later and the other one shot himself two years later. It really haunted my mom for a very long time.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My Mother had a couple bad experiences with one, and NEVER let me touch one as a child. Even as an adult she said she does not want me using one. She never told me exactly what happened to her and my Aunt though..

I really do want to try one, but it wont be in my house when I do! lol
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• my mother and stepdad always begged us not to go near them and to let them know if one was ever taken out in our prescence. Even today, she still has made me promise not to. For that reason, I will never touch one. Not even in the box.
    My stepdad had a very bad experience with one when he was a teenager and one girl was posessed. They vowed never to talk about it and the first time they did, the girl drover herself into the river one night.
    I have heard this from other people because he refuses to even talk about it still.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• no way! I got freaked out when I found out my gramma had one in the garage. scared me every time I went over there til they moved and she threw it out
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• A friend of mine in HS had a board. We played it a lot. I NEVER liked playing it, but everyone else did it, so I followed:) Anyway, I would ask questions and whether or not somebody was moving it, it always knew the answers...These were not questions that anybody would know about me! I had a hard time sleeping at night after we played.

Anyway, the friend's house we played at was a well adjusted, intelligent person and a few months after we started playing he took a phone cord and strangled himself one morning, with his own two hands. I didn't even know somebody could do this! I thought natural instincts would kick in and a person would stop, right? Not him, he died:(

I'm not sure why he killed himself. I'm sure it wasn't the Ouija board, but I don't mess around with them anymore.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• yeah I was playing with one when I was in high school, at the time my grandmother was really sick and I asked it what month she would pass away in, the reply was "A" she passed away April 30th 2003, just a couple months later. I'll never touch one again and I don't advise anyone else to either, I'm really lucky that something bad didn't happen to me. They are said to open up a portal to the other side and you never know who will come through. If you don't believe me and play with one anyway never ever ever ever burn one!!! Because then you close the portal and the spirit (evil or not) will be stuck here.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I've used them a few times. There was one time I believed it. In hs one of my friends brothers died. About a week later I was with other friends and we were using one. We decided to try to get in contact with the person who just died. The 2 people that were touching it didn't know him at all but all the questins we asked were answered right.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2009