my daughter does not recognize that she has gone potty in her pull up how do i get her realize it?

I have been potty training her for the last 5 months

hotmomma0709

Asked by hotmomma0709 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she is not ready to potty train.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Mine NEVER did. We tried the ones that turn cold, the ones that change color, Pull ups are a glorified diaper is what those are. Expensive too. I had to buckle down put regular clothes and underwear on and clean up some messes. I told them you are big now and I'm taking these away. If you go in your pants you will have to wash and get changed. They got sick of washing and changing so they started using the toilet. It was hard being consistent but it is so worth it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• PS if she's under 2 she may not be ready.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You could try putting undies on her, if she goes in undies she'll recognize it.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Have her help clean up the mess, too. Do not make it a game, just be serious about it.

Wash hands well.

Best of Luck
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 2:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Pull-ups never did anything for my son.. to him it was just a diaper. Like another mom suggested regular underwear is really the best way to get them to realize. Maybe try asking questions also like, did you know you peed? Does it feel cold or warm or wet etc? Then tell her that when that happens it means you peed your pants, tell her to try and tell you before that happens so she can use the potty and it won't feel like that.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Put her in regular underwear. When she wets - have her help clean up the mess. As far as being too young - that is all a matter of opinion! I started one of my boys at 12 months, the other at 18 months. My daughter started at 9 months!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Pull Ups are honestly the biggest waste of money on the market!! Sorry if thats harsh lol. I worked in daycare for almost 4 years, and I worked in a potty training room, and potty trained a couple hundred kids, so trust me when I say theyre garbage lol. They are definitely a glorified diaper. There is no child that truly understands that it is wrong to go in a pull up unless they are older. Your best bet is to go straight to undies. She will hate the feeling of being wet and I guarantee it will take you an 1/8th of the time to potty train her doing this then using pullups. PM me if you want more tips! I got a million of them lol
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• She's not ready to potty train, and pull-ups quite frankly SUCK.
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Get rid of the pullups & put her in underwear
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2009