Any moving tips?

We have two cats that we got as kittens. This is the only house they've ever known. They are strictly indoor cats, except we do allow them on the deck since we have no backyard. We are moving to an apartment, so again, no yard, but it has a patio. They will still be indoor cats.

Any tips on getting them acclimated to the new place?

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pets

• Make sure you show them where the litter box and food and water is. Other than that cats are pretty easy. They might hide for a few days and if they do, let them. They will adjust and do just fine.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Theywill be fine. Cats ae interesting beings. Just give them time and don't let them on the balcony yet.

Best Wishes
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 2:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• We moved recently and I found that I didn't have to do anything with my babies. Yes I called my cats my babies, lol. They nosed around, and got comfortable on their own. I wouldn't worry babe. Yours will probaly do the same. I did however keep their toys from our old house and I set them up in our new house before I let them out of the car. I have no idea if this helped or not but it helped me feel like I was making them feel at home, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• When we moved here we just made sure they knew where their stuff was and gave them time to get adjusted. It didn't take long at all.
    De_Chick

Answer by De_Chick at 7:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2009