Any mom's like to go fishing? Do you take your kids and how do they do?

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I LOVE to fish. My son is 8 and I take him fishing a few times a year!! He loves it and does really well. If we don't catch anything in an hour or so we're out. This rarely happens, though. I know a lot of hot spots:)
    He doesn't do so well with ice fishing, which is fine, I'm not a fan of that either.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I just realized your son is 3 or 4. I've been taking my son since he was two. You just have to go on shorter trips. We have a cabin so it's easy for us to go on shorter trips. He'll have a blast. Have fun!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• LoL I love to fish! I have taken my oldest daughter when she was 4.....she threw the whole rod in the water, LOL but generally speaking she did okay.....she did well in the canoe....I don't get to go often any more though ! But I do enjoy it !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My daughter is 7yrs old. But I have been taking her fishing since she has been about 3yrs old. She enjoys it.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• AH, Fishing, It used to be all i ever did. Night and day, i guess you could say i was a finatic. I spend close to $400 on a G.Lumis fishing rod even though i have plenty of other fising equipment that can catch fish just fine. I even tie my own flies for Salmon fishing. My first husband and i had all of our 1st couple of dates fishing. Ice fishing is great----to pull a 40" Northern Pike through the ice is amazing. We went to Canada in the boundary waters and slept in tents to go on a fishing trip. It was awesome. In the fall and spring i would be the only female out in the river in waders fishing for Walleye, or Salmon. I have not fished in so long because my current husband doesn't know how. I would love to get back into fishing as a family. i could teach everyone a thing or two. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• My son loves it!!! Took him fishing this summer for his first real fishing trip. It helped that my SO's 2 daughters were there and his uncles two children. It was wonderful to see my son bond with my SO's daughters since they all love fishing!!!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• i brought my son his own spiderman fishing pole and he loves it! and does great out there
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 1:53 AM on Sep. 8, 2009

• Yes I love to fish with my family, it's so fun and a great thing to do together. I have been taking my son since he was 2. He does great with it. He uses his lil batman fishing pole of course we just put a bait with no hook. He is only 3 now.
    LandonsMom321

Answer by LandonsMom321 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2009