Do any of you ladies set your hair on rollers/curlers?

The wash & wear syles are so popular these days. Do any of you ladies prefer a more "finished" look? By that I mean set on rollers, dried under a dryer, a fancy comb-out, and heavy coat(s) of hairspray to lock your " 'do" in place.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I honestly have to just settle with using a curling iron.
    Whenever I tried rollers - about 3 times, my hair would be CRAZY. I don't know why, but it didn't look finished. It looked more like.. Bozo the Clown got his hair electrocuted. :[
    But now, I just can be assed to do anything but let my hair do it's own thing. I'll put smoothing spray in, and brush my hair out, but that's about it. It's almost always in a ponytail anyway so... *shrugs*
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I've been trying to use curlers these days, and I can never get my hair right, it's either too curly or not curly enough! I have straight long shiny hair, with layers, but I just need volume really.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• MommaRox - dry you hair while you're head is tipped down towards the floor, and blast the roots.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I use an ionic curler--electric.
    My hair is fine, but there is a lot of it.
    Kinky/curly hair with lots of split ends, but the curlers help me. I lost some curl during childbirth, so it's now straighter, but the curls give it volume.

Everyone's hair is different
    ironkitten

Answer by ironkitten at 3:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Ladies, OP here:

I would suggest making an appointment at an "old fashioned" beauty shop. Those gals know so much more about how to make those sets come out right than the young girls at most salons. And they are SO MUCH FUN to get!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Yeah, OP, I agree. A girlfriend an I have a regular Saturday morning apointment at one of those old-fashioned shops. We get really nice, dressy hairdos and then go out for lunch! We have a gas doing that. Oh, and our hair looks really dressy and perfect for church the next day, too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I wish I could find one here!! But everywhere I go is all "modern" and stuff....
    I think they don't even exist where I live anymore.. lol
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• What city are you in, K? I'm pretty good at finding them in other towns (I travel a lot for my job). Maybe I can find one for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• "I wish I could find one here!! But everywhere I go is all "modern" and stuff....
    I think they don't even exist where I live anymore.. lol"

If you're not comfortable giving your town, just give me your state. I'll try to find one in every corner of the state for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• You can also go to the local beauty school. The students get really, really good at roller sets! When I went we charged $10 for them, so even if it comes out bad you don't feel guilty for washing it out!!!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 5:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2009