Just ANOTHER presidential speech....NOTHING NEW HERE

AMERICA IS IGNORANT

What is wrong is the fact that EVERY president made a speech to be presented the first day of school. We also had to listen to the superintendent of schools speak to us. As a student and as a teacher I had to listen to these speeches. NO ONE created a problem (LIKE THIS)when Bush spoke about how the war was a GOOD thing or how 9-11 was meant to empower the USA. NO ONE QUESTIONED ANY PRESIDENT'S SPEECH IN THE LAST 42 YEARS OF MY LIFE.

I think QUESTIONING PRESIDENT OBAMA' EVERY MOVE IS America's being racist. THOSE OF YOU AGAINST OBAMA'S SPEECH SHOULD SEEK THE ARCHIVES OF ALL OF THE OTHER PRESIDENT'S SPEECHES MADE EACH YEAR. YOU WOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES NOW. tHEY ALL SAY BASICALLY THE SAME THING.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I remember those speeches! Former President Bush (both of them) had horrible speeches, but we endured them. They weren't questioned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I have actually read that there was quite a bit of controversy over Bush's speech! So I don't think it is a racism issue at all!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I agree with you. I can see those who oppose the stimulus, health care reform etc. But when it comes to education, i am shocked at the amount of people who are so against him making this speech. It really shows whats going on in America.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 3:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I am sorry but the parents who aren't sending their kids to school because of one speech are throwing things a little out of perspective.

robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• that's right, it's just another ordinary presidential speech, by an ordinary president. nothing to get excited about here! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• AMERICA IS IGNORANT
    _____________
    So you are calling yourself and everyone you love ignorant? Wow BOLD! You should sum everyone up like that when you do you include yourself.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• should NOT***
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• If EVERY president did it then why did I never see one? And not every president did it with lesson plans.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• OP

I appreciate the acknowledgements. Funny how those opposed are quiet now. Can't we just give Obama a chance? Get over the color of his skin and his little bit of smoking..... I'd smoke too if every minuscule movement was condemned by those who voted. He didn't make the mess but everyone wants it gone. Thanks to the Bushes and to the others who did do the mess.

Obama seems like a fair and just person who is raising the bar and who expects us, the people to rise to that bar and at least back him up for a minute. What would happen if we did back him up? Wow, how far cold we go then?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• OK did not see these coming!

Blame Bush :"He didn't make the mess but everyone wants it gone.Thanks to the Bushes and to the others who did do the mess."

You don't like him cause hes Black : "Get over the color of his skin and his little bit of smoking"

Yep still not silent will never be.

What would happen if we did back him up? Wow, how far cold we go then?

Straight down the toilet. We would lose our Constitution, we would be told where to live, what to eat, where to work, and the whole time you would still being singing Obama Obama Obama. While the rest of us are saying we told you so.

I am sorry but I will not let this happen. I am doing everything in my power, to make sure I do not have to tell you I told you so.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2009