Why do people ask for an honest opinion then hate the answer they're given?

Doesn't anyone know that phrase "Don't ask, if you can't handle the truth?"

or I've seen people ask people for their opinion and advice, and then go around and ask another question because they didn't agree with all the advice/opinion they were given.

What the hell is going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Because these 'women' arent adults and cannot handle the truth--simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Maybe it's the way the opinion was given. It's irritating to see people getting bashed for asking a simple question and/or opinion but on a site where people can post anonymous it's to be expected. I get what you mean though. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if someone doesn't want to respect what other people have to say then they shouldn't post the question at all.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I think its both the way in which some people answer the question and the poster only wanting to hear a certain answer.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Most people who do that are not looking for an honest answer they are looking for someone in agreement with them. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I think often responses are really abrasive and rude which is not what people are looking for help with. True, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen but still, must we be so unkind.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2009