Does anyone know if it safe to use Icy Hot Patches during pregnancy?

Does anyone know if it safe to use Icy Hot Patches during pregnancy? I am seeing my doctor this week and was going to ask her then but would like to know now b/c I am in such awful pain. My neck has been in non-stop pain throughout my whole pregnancy and the only thing that seems to work for relief are these patches. Thanks for any advise.

babyphillips210

Asked by babyphillips210 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont see a problem with it on your neck- you can always call your doctor and the receptionist will find out for you

maybe it would be bad to put on your stomach but your neck i dont see why not
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I dont think they are bad because as far as I know they are only a topical treatment. there is no medicine that goes into your system so it should be fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• This is sort of up in the air. Not enough research has been done on it. Some dr.s and midwives are fine with it some say no. I personally wouldnt because it does get into your blood stream however minut the ammount may be. And since no one knows for sure what effects may take place because of it I wont take the chance..
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 3:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• Um.. What do you think a topical treatment is? It gets absorbed into your skin and sometimes into your blood...
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 3:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2009