Have any of you ladies had teeth pulled because you couldn't afford expensive root canals?

Without dental insurance it is hard to keep your teeth, isn't it? I have dentures now. I am so glad I got them and wish I would have gotten them years ago. Are any of you ladies missing some of your teeth? Considering getting dentures?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2009 in Health

• I had mine pulled instead of a root canal. I have no dental insurance

Answer by admckenzie at 3:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I am missing teeth because of stupidity on my part plus I am scared to death of dentists. Kids are not, I've left dentists because of their attitudes when my kids have been afraid when little.

Good for you for taking care of yourself. Did you have multiple teeth lost cuz of severe decay or just a couple? Mine's extreme. I know bashing is coming, if I could find a dentist to allow payment plans plus nitrous oxide, but a lot near my only allow headsets for music or tv. I need more than that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I have had two molars pulled due to lack of dental insurance and cost...... I had a whole mouth full of cavities, no matter how well I took care of my teeth, apparently I am one of those people who easily gets cavities. I sure didnt want dentures yet, Im only 32!! I finally found a dentist that works on a sliding income scale and fixed all my cavities for 30 $ a piece, so one at a time, I finally got them all taken care of. Im glad I did, I woulda cried if I had to get dentures already, not that Im saying its a bad thing, Im sure if I hadnt been able to get mine fixed that would have been my only choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• OP here:

I had all my molars pulled, plus a LOT of others, including several front teeth. I really had that "hillbilly" look going! LOL! I finally went to Affordable Dentures. They are a chain and do ONLY dentures, so they are really cheap compared to other dentists. They were awesome, though! Really nice dentist and staff. No guilt. No making you feel bad. They are fast, too! You go in at 8:00AM and they take inpressions of your mouth. You come back in the afternoon and your dentures are ready! They pull all your teeth and place your dentures immedately, which helps with the healing process. I receommend it to everyone. It's the best thing I ever did for myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I need to get dentures. Also very scared about it. My dentist wants to pull 4 at a time and then I go a month with no teeth before she places dentures! Have any of you had it done that way? How bad was it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• I got a tooth pulled because a root canal failed. I only needed a bridge, but it took me a few years to come up with the money for it. My insurance covered $1200 of it so I had to come up with the other half. A little thing in my mouth that covers two molars and a space is worth more than my car..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2009

• The best thing ever done was to have all my teeth pulled out as my lover had it done before we met, I was so exited to kiss without , its the best thing we have done , absolutely fantastic
    toniinct

Answer by toniinct at 4:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2013